East Flat is a dishcloth and washcloth knitting pattern that has everything you look for in a dishcloth/washcloth pattern…great texture, fun, and quick & easy to make.
This pattern uses a double seed stitch surrounded by a wide garter stitch border.
Double seed stitch is simple a Knit 2, Purl 2 sequence. Double seed stitch is easier, in my opinion, than seed stitch. Doing two each of knit and purl makes it easier to establish a rhythm.
Don’t be confused if you know or have seen this stitch called the Double Moss Stitch. it is the same stitch!
Just when you thought knitting couldn’t be anymore confusing!
No matter what name you call the stitch, it is simply quick & easy knit and purl stitches and makes a beautiful, textured cloth.
All Knit So Easy dishcloths/washcloths are:
- Double strong
- Designed to uniform size for folding and storage ease
- 100% cotton – soft, but durable
- Easy care – machine wash & machine dry
- Patterns written with step-by-step instructions
- Patterns are easy to follow and designed to mark your place as you knit
- All skills needed listed at beginning of instructions – no hidden surprises
Here is the link to get your East Flat pattern today. If you prefer, Knit So Easy East Flat pattern is also available on the Ravelry website.