The Abee Creek child hat knitting pattern is a basic knitted beanie pattern, using knit & purl stitches and knitted flat, then seamed. The Abee Creek child hat has a 1 1/2” ribbing for a great fit, then the rest of the hat is knit in stockinette stitch with contrasting color stripes. Decreasing is simple (knit 2 together) style to shape the crown of the hat.
The Abee Creek child hat is a great knit for beginners, makers, charity knitters and for quick last minute gifts.
The Abee Creek Child Hat Knitting Pattern features:
- Uses US Size 4 worsted yarn
- Knitted flat
- Pom Pom, optional
- Quick to make for last minute gifts
- Portable – knit anywhere
– Cast on
– Knit & purl
– Knitted flat on straight needles
Child 2 to 9 years (measure by head size for best fit)
Head Circumference – 18-20 inches
Hat Circumference – 18-19 inches
Hat Height – 7-8 inches
– Uses US Size 4 worsted (medium) / Aran – UK / 10 ply Australia
– US Size 6 (4.0mm) and US Size 8 (5.0mm) knitting needles
– Yarn Needle
Knit So Easy Knitting Patterns
- Written for knitters that have limited time, new knitters and those needing a break from difficult patterns
- Skills needed listed at the beginning of pattern – no hidden surprises
- Step-by-step instructions – easy to follow and mark as you knit
There are no reviews yet.